As well as a range of minor cosmetic tweaks and improvements, this latest version of
Ticker Tape corrects a number of bugs and provides enhanced functionality over prior versions.
A selection of the more important enhancements and bug fixes are shown below but, for a complete list of all changes to Ticker Tape, use the Help / Program History menu option on the main Administrator interface or click here to view the full Change Log.
- Each Site can now be assigned an Agent configuration profile, allowing the 'Look & Feel' of an Agents' Message to differ per Site (Agent configuration profiles are loaded and saved via the new 'File' menu on the Configuration dialog)
- Agent Maintenance Wizard (previously Deployment Wizard) now caters for Agent software to be uninstalled from computers as well as its installation status to be checked
- Ticker Tape Agent no longer disallows multiple instances of itself to run on the same computer - this opens up the possibility of running two or more agents configured for different Sites, displaying different messages with their look & feel (and position) controlled by the new 'Agent configuration profiles'
- Administrator Tools menu now contains new options to export and import the Administrator configuration settings, allowing configuration backups to be taken and the Administrator configuration to be easily transferred between machines
Fixed 'Invalid Property Value' crash that could occur on the 'Agent Look & Feel' tab of the Configuration dialog with some combinations of large font point sizes and logos
Fixed 'Invalid procedure call' error that could occur when the Administrator attempted to refresh the status of the Sites while certain prompts such as the 'Exit Ticker Tape?' confirmation was on screen
Corrected issue where a newly received Agent message was not displayed as it was determined to be 'already expired' by the Agent under certain scenarios and with certain regional date settings
'Please select the Sites to which this message applies' pane on main Administrator interface no longer 'randomly' switches to show Sites 22-42 when Site status is refreshed when 'Message Send Confirmation' is on screen
Tooltips shown within 'Message currently active in each Site' pane on Administrator now correctly indicates status of messages that have just expired
- Loading of previously saved Site selections now functions as expected rather than setting all to unselected under some circumstances
v1.5.1a © Copyright 2008-2014